• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

Revy is a great character, even though my favorite will always be Roberta.

I'll leave my favorite line from her here.

"We're already the walking dead. If there's anything that makes us different from the real dead, there's only one. Living and dying isn't the real issue. If you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. If you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right to the end of the world." - Revy

Last edited:
I hate Revy for personal reasons, but I wont deny that she's a good character for the story.

the way you say personal reasons makes it sound like she killed your family or something

I haven't seen much of Black Lagoon yet (just finished episode 3), but so far I don't like Revy all that much. She's too bratty and acts like she's a badass, but episode 3 made me see her a little differently.

Oh thank goodness they're not shortening the Attack on Titan Intro. I guess shortening it for the first episode was just a one time thing.

Oh thank goodness they're not shortening the Attack on Titan Intro. I guess shortening it for the first episode was just a one time thing.
I think the story is that funimation accidentally sent in the wrong intro on episode 1

anyway, titan seems interesting, if a bit slow on start up.

I rather liked Beware the Batman's first episode.
Not sure how I feel about them turning Alfred into a fucking ninja badass.
he's been a British intelligence agent, a black ops soldier, and always been a fucking badass. Why aren't there more comics about Alfred?

Not sure how I feel about them turning Alfred into a fucking ninja badass.
You say that as if he wasn't one before. Unfortunately I made the decision to go back to playing Dark Souls II when Attack on Titan was over so I missed it.

Last edited:
Black Lagoon was awesome. Roberta is a serious badass.

Black Lagoon was awesome. Roberta is a serious badass.

When you finish both seasons I recommend watching the OVA "Roberta's Blood Trail" cause you haven't begun to see what she's capable of when she's cut loose.

Last edited:
Watched whole series, was quite good.

"You know, Eren, some people just don't have what it takes to be soldiers and being super angry and wanting to do something a whole doesn't mean you'll be able to."
Oh, well that was a surprisingly realistic message from a shounen se-
"Oops, nevermind. Your gear was just faulty. You're a natural, kid. Get on in here"
:/

Well, that'd be kind of a downer if the main character was just written out of the story like that. I like to think it was tampered with though.

So Ruin what would be the other option? Eren just doesn't have what it takes, goes to work on a fucking farm and the show's over? Is that what you want to watch? They gave us the message, that's what matters. After that the show must go on and it can't go on from the perspective of some weakling working the fields.

So Ruin what would be the other option? Eren just doesn't have what it takes, goes to work on a fucking farm and the show's over? Is that what you want to watch? They gave us the message, that's what matters. After that the show must go on and it can't go on from the perspective of some weakling working the fields.
you don't use your protagonist to deliver a message and then just go "okay but it doesn't apply to you, lol."
that is exactly what shitty writing is

if this series had any balls, they could have just gone in that direction and ditched Eren as the protagonist
but we can't have that since that would be, you know, original and interesting

you don't use your protagonist to deliver a message and then just go "okay but it doesn't apply to you, lol."
that is exactly what shitty writing is
'Cause the message actually does apply to him. Eren sucks at fighting, not once have I ever seen him actually hit a Titan with his sword. He's able to use the Maneuver Gear decently but that's fucking it. The only reason he manages to survive all the shit going on around him is because of a plot device which I won't spoil for you.
Honestly you're putting way too much attention on very minor problems and it's keeping you from enjoying what is actually a very good show.

I know the plot device
which is also pretty shitty and poorly written
but that's neither here nor there

why isn't Armin the protagonist
or why isn't there just a Scrubs-esque spinoff focusing on drill sarge and a bunch of new recruits with drill sarge as their Dr. Cox
why can't this show just be good

well yes thank you I like to think my tastes are refined enough to know trash when I see it
glad to see you agree

It does feel like Armin should be the protagonist

No the problem isn't that the show is bad, because it isn't, you just refuse to like it.

i refuse to like it because I see no reason to do so. I think it's a poorly written series that doesn't live up nearly as well as the fans of the show would tell me it does, and that its plot twists make it a show that so quickly abandoned its original concepts in favor of being a trite shounen series with little redeeming qualities that it already didn't have

but that's just my opinion
not sure why you're getting so worked up that I don't like it.
It's just a show, dude. Who cares if some asshole is shitting on it. He shouldn't be affecting your enjoyment.
But you shouldn't really be touting an entertainment medium as something objectively good either, since you really can't deal with objectives in those kinds of cases because people have all different kinds of tastes that won't always align with yours, and being a defensive asshole about it is just as bad as being an offensive asshole about it.

but that's just my opinion
not sure why you're getting so worked up that I don't like it.
I don't consider the show objectively good. It's fine if you don't like it, but the way you shit on it makes me feel like you're calling me a tasteless plebeian who willingly blinds himself to any flaws so he can mindlessly enjoy a popular series, that's what pisses me off.

We can disagree about whether or not the show is good, but have some fucking tact man.

Last edited:
It does feel like Armin should be the protagonist
I don't know. Having only seen these first three episodes and reading some somewhat spoiler-filled reactions to the future, it seems like Sasha is everyone's favorite.

@Denizen
'cept I never directed any insult towards you, unless you took offense to that broad statement about the fans. In which case, I apologize.
But if you really gleaned all that from me ranting about the series itself, then I would saying you're looking a little too deeply
I just don't like the series at all barring the music. But I'm not crusading against the series or its fans. I'm just going on about it on an internet forum. And it doesn't bother me that you like it, so I honestly don't see why it bothers you that I don't, considering I never really fault fans of the show beyond hyping it up to unmeetable standards, which annoys me but pretty much every fanbase does it.

it's just a show, dude. Like it with all your boners. I don't care because what you do or what you like doesn't really affect me all that much. Just don't let some asshole like me get you riled up because he's not liking it, since chances are he just like the show (moi), as opposed to actively telling people who like the series that they're stupid wastes of space.

now if someone is doing that, then by all means, rip into them and send me a link so I can watch

Fine whatever, I'll put this behind me for the sake of the thread. In the future watch the snootiness, that's what ticked me off in the first place and others can and will react in the same manner.

I don't know. Having only seen these first three episodes and reading some somewhat spoiler-filled reactions to the future, it seems like Sasha is everyone's favorite.
I don't think she'll work as a main protagonist.
You'll see what I mean about Armin in the later episodes.

Armin really kind of got jipped in some places though for the anime. I will be the first to admit that.

sorry for double posting, but seeing as its coming back in a full on revival, I really want sailor moon back on toonami.

I am the person who would rather read the manga in most cases. Attack on Titan's anime looks good, as so it's budget deemed, but certain areas within it are lacking. The same goes for almost every anime on Toonami at the moment. FMA Brotherhood is the only exception, in my opinion, and that is on at 4 am.

I hope that the block gets brought down time-wise and starts earlier. Or I should just get cable in my room.

no. you never do. you secretly never want to end the Toriyama goodness.

I never really cared for Dragon Ball Z. Even when I watched Kai on Nicktoons Network, which cut out a lot of the unnecessary padding from the show, it still felt very slow-paced and padded.

I guess it is just not for me.

Last edited:
wut? They actually got it??
Why am I so excited?
because the golden boy of toonami is back!

C'mon toonami! briong back Sailor Moon too!

Reactions: EA575
I'd rather have Madoka Magica than Sailor Moon.
Better yet, show all the Madoka Movies on Toonami.
Jutsei pls

why not both?

WE GOTTA PUSH THE MAGICAL GIRLS FOR TOONAMI SLAM!