• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Souls Series and Bloodborne

Eh, I play both so I can see some similarities but I think it's just the mindset you need to adopt, for me the likeness ends there. After putting about 2500-ish hours into Monster Hunter and maybe 250-300 into both Dark Souls 1 and 2 I think MonHun is easier, until you get to the endgame.

Speaking of MH, I'd love a game in the series with a tightly knit, interconnected world. I feel like that would give us the open world some of us want, while also eliminating the problem of having to chase a monster across a giant field because someone decided to be a coward and run far away.

I am so fucking pissed off! I summoned Lucatiel for three boss fights, she survived all three of them, I exhausted all of her dialogue, but for some reason I didn't get her armor or the Trophy. WHAT THE FUCK?

I am so fucking pissed off! I summoned Lucatiel for three boss fights, she survived all three of them, I exhausted all of her dialogue, but for some reason I didn't get her armor or the Trophy. WHAT THE FUCK?
Did you meet her in every location? You don't have to summon her four times, but you have to meet her in all four locations before talking to her at Aldia's Keep.

Last edited:
Did you meet her in every location? You don't have to summon her four times, but you have to meet her in all four locations before fighting her brother in Aldia's Keep.
Well I did do one weird thing. I passed the King's Gate into Aldia's Keep before I spoke to her in Black Gulch.
When I saw that Lucatiel wasn't there I went back to Black Gulch to speak to her, then I went back to Aldia's Keep and she finally appeared, but when I spoke to her again I didn't get the achievement. Maybe entering Aldia's Keep before exhausting all of her dialogue prior to meeting her there messed something up.

Well I did do one weird thing. I passed the King's Gate into Aldia's Keep before I spoke to her in Black Gulch.
When I saw that Lucatiel wasn't there I went back to Black Gulch to speak to her, then I went back to Aldia's Keep and she finally appeared, but when I spoke to her again I didn't get the achievement. Maybe entering Aldia's Keep before exhausting all of her dialogue prior to meeting her there messed something up.
I'd wager a guess that the Lucatiel at Aldia's only spawns once, so even though you went back and met her at Black Gulch, the one at Aldia's was still the same one, without receiving the flag to finish the quest. That blows.

No she wasn't even there when I went to Aldia's Keep, she didn't even spawn. She only spawned there when I went back to the Black Gulch and spoke to her there.

See this is why I hate Dark Souls, because of dumb bullshit like this. I would rather there be no side quests at all than deal with this fuckery.

Oh my mistake, I misread, thought you said you DID see her at Aldia's. Makes me wish the character quests were like DS1, where you just have to find and talk to the npcs to continue the quest.

I think I'm starting to lose interest in Dark Souls.

The one thing I would really, really want from both Dark Souls games is a boss rush mode.

The one thing I would really, really want from both Dark Souls games is a boss rush mode.

Oh god no, oh sweet merciful Jesus no. The pursuer ALONE made me rage quit for about a week (finally murdered that haxing bastard and his twin just yesterday)

A tale of loss, victory, and revenge. A tale of one man who decided to rebel against those who guard The Bell. This is his story, his struggles, and his triumphs.

Lengthy but very entertaining, superbly edited and great choices of music. 10/10
Also very attentive of him to show the build's set-up.

I will say something on behalf of the Bellbros though - some are only in it for rank 2 reward. Please think of the reluctant Guardians who would rather be Sunbroing.
Attentively,
A Bellbro who hates his job

My first invasion (gotta "love" how you're not even given the time to make a choice before Gankapalooza '14 starts):
8e3.jpg

Not related but still amusing:
479.png

I will say something on behalf of the Bellbros though - some are only in it for rank 2 reward. Please think of the reluctant Guardians who would rather be Sunbroing.
Attentively,
Reminds me of how "joyed" Emarrel was having to get 500 arena kills just for a spell.

Reactions: Balder and ruins72
Lengthy but very entertaining, superbly edited and great choices of music. 10/10
Also very attentive of him to show the build's set-up.

Attentively,

My first invasion (gotta "love" how you're not even given the time to make a choice before Gankapalooza '14 starts):
8e3.jpg

Not related but still amusing:
479.png

Everytime! XD

dark souls 1 is now free on xbox 360 for all gold users

so . . . um . . . expect a lot of new people playing soon?

dark souls 1 is now free on xbox 360 for all gold users

so . . . um . . . expect a lot of new people playing soon?

PC player... ;_;

A tale of loss, victory, and revenge. A tale of one man who decided to rebel against those who guard The Bell. This is his story, his struggles, and his triumphs.
Haha, did the same thing when I was ~ L80. It was my first playthrough so it wasn't so success.

But you get to play the best version. I jelly of you.

But my PC is inferior! XD I have to reduce almost everything to let it run the game better! ;_;

But my PC is inferior! XD I have to reduce almost everything to let it run the game better! ;_;
And it's better than buying a new one!

Are you talking DS1, or DS2?

DS2 is, from what I hear, pretty damn good, because I have no money to get it.
DS1, on the other hand...eeeeuuuuugh....

I've tried every trick in the book to stop the frame-tearing but it just. Won't. Work.

Also GFWL is gonna die in like a few days so I'm interested to see how Namco-Bandai/From Software is gonna handle it. Hopefully not switching to VAC...that would screw over DSFix so badly.

So that means three new DLC stages for Dark souls 2, awesome. They look quite good as well.

The poison spitting statues MOVE now? God Dammit!!! If they're still immune to arrows and still stagger you with 1 poison shot...

Really looking forward to this though. I'm hoping they flesh out more of the Old Iron King's story. Actually, does this mean we'll be seeing snippets of 3 kingdoms that preceded Drangleic? That would be hype.

Dark Souls DLC announced! Get hype!
Radical, I'm going to restart my Flame Swordsman character in preparation for this.

I think the soul vessels are the best part about this game! Might want to try and build a completely new character for each DLC....

Is Darksouls 1 still going to work when GFWL shuts down? I still haven't beaten it.

spoiler
in the Gutter when you do a death-defying jump and the moment you land, a bunch of statues start squirting like crazy until you fall down the hole.

f85.jpg

Words cannot describe how I loathe those things. Nashandra should have used those instead of curse beacons. Let's see if people whined about the fight being easy then. Split-second you lower your guard and get stun-lock-squirted-to-death. And to add insult to the injury, those things start squirt-beatboxing after killing you.

Anyway, super hyped for the DLC. If it can be half as good as the Artorias of the Abyss chapter, we in for a massive treat.
I wonder who the other kings are and if they are connected to other Old Ones? Areas seems to say otherwise but here's hoping it's the guy who started locking up Undeads in the Bastille and Tseldora. Would love to know more about The Lost Sinner and Freja.

EDIT: don't wanna double post so...

They were taught to sing by the First of the Dead.
4bd.jpg

872.jpg

Last edited:
I really like Nito's design.

Also, finally got to Anor Londo in DS1. Went human to try and get Sunbro to to help me with the dynamic duo.
But the invasions. SO. MANY. INVASIONS.

Doesn't help that I'm really bad at PVP and can't deal with the (very shoddy) netcode. Lagstabs and Black Flame, ho!
(I literally got lag Black Flame'd in the face)

Last edited:
Even though it seems to be more of a spin-off/spiritual successor to the Souls series, some teaser gameplay of Bloodborn (aka Project Beast) has come into our possession, as well as info we can gather from the trailer.
- The gameplay looks hella Souls-like
- The player is shown wielding a variety of weapons, but is only shown in a single costume
- Sony is a very silly company for not including this with the CG trailer at E3

Reactions: erkicman and Smilax
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

also thanks, I hadn't seen that!

Is Darksouls 1 still going to work when GFWL shuts down? I still haven't beaten it.
Yes. It will work, but we don't know if you'll lose your saves or if they'll use Steamworks after it shuts down.

This is what made me turn the Sony conference stream off. If they had shown gameplay footage like this, they'd have blown the roof off the presentation hall. Instead, they showed a trailer where they actively obscured everything you wanted to see.

Microsoft and Sony were probably pre-occupied with showing off rather than showing gameplay.

Still stuck in Anor Londo.

Regarding saves: Your saves are stored locally, so you won't have a problem completing it if GFWL goes down entirely.

Some new info came about for that gameplay teaser of Bloodborne that I posted. Apparently that was a trailer that was supposed to have been used at a Con last year, but for whatever reason Sony/FromSoft held back on the reveal. This also shows that the build that trailer runs on is over a year old, which explains why the textures look more last gen, compared to some of the recent screenshots and leaks we've seen.

Also while kind of old news, Bloodborne has apparently been "in the works" since about the time that Dark Souls 1 was finished. I imagine much of that time has been in the preliminary and planning stages, but it's still cool to hear that this idea has been brewing for quite awhile under From.

Ah, man...you guys are reminding me of my play through DS1. I got the game when it was free on XBL, and then I had the stroke of sheer genius that caused me to make a thief. Mind you I'd never seen or played DS1 before...didn't know all of my everything would be useless not halfway through the game. But! I didn't give up, and I made it through all the way to Gwyn with the starting knife, and now since I don't have my Xbox I have to live with the void in my (dark) soul knowing that I haven't beaten him yet.

TLDR; Fuck me